(Refer pages 131 to 133 of your Workbook)
1. What is the meaning of Al Muz’zam’mil?
Al Muzzammil means ‘the one who is covered’.
2. What did Allah order Prophet Muhammad to do in the beginning of this Surah? Why?
Allah ordered Prophet Muhammad to get up and offer Qiyam-ul-Layl so that he prepares himself for his great mission.
3. Why did Rasoolullah want to pray tahajjud so much?
Rasoolullah wanted to pray tahajjud so much because he loved to express his gratitude to Allah for all the gifts and blessings He gave him.
4. Why did Allah describe the Qur’an as ‘Word of Weight’?
Al Qur’an is a heavy responsibility toward Allah. We must fulfil our obligations to please Allah.
5. What does the word ‘Tarteel’ mean?
Tarteel means to read or recite the Qur’an in a nice proper way.
6. Where were the first 19 ayaat of this Surah revealed?
The first 19 ayaat of this Surah were revealed in Makkah.
7. What is Qiyam-ul-Layl and when it is performed?
Qiyam-ul-Layl means ‘Standing up in Night Prayer’. It can be performed anytime after Ishaa’ and before Fajr.
8. Why is Tajweed so important?
It is very important to learn Tajweed without which one cannot read the Qur’an correctly.
9. What lesson do you learn from the Surah?
* We must try to pray Qiyam-ul-layl
* We must fulfil our responsibility towards Allah by praying, reciting Qur’an and following the Guidance.
* We must learn Tajweed so that we can recite the Qur’an in a beautiful way.
10. What is the difference between singing and tajweed?
Tajweed means pronouncing the words according to the rules whereas singing is unnecessary stretching of words according to rhythm.
Related Text: Answer the questions with the translation of an Ayah from the Surah:
1. We should depend on Allah and Allah alone for support and help.
“The Lord of the East and the West, there is none deserving of worship except Him. So depend on Him for help and support”.
2. Allah has given words of weight.
“I will be giving you some words of weight”.
3. Getting up in the night to pray is difficult but one should try.
“Definitely getting up in the night for worship is difficult but it is also better for bringing your heart and mind together in prayer”.