Last Update: 12th October 2017
PS dated 17/06/2017: Readers commenting, PLEASE NOTE: 1. You will not find replies to some of the comments below. The reason is: If I feel that I should personally contact a person (after receiving his/her comment) then I do so through e-mail. This clarification is given here so that other readers should not feel that the Admin of this Blog is ignoring people by not replying to their comments. 2. I do not call or reply through phone. So if you have any important matter to be discussed, then please send a comment giving your working email id. I will definitely contact you thro’ email and provide assistance to the best of my ability, inshaaAllah. 3. This Page is not a forum for marriage. So please do not send matrimonial comments. Thank you so much.
At times I receive some comments from readers expressing their willingness for either embracing Islam or to take up a course to study Islam in the UAE.
For the benefit of those seeking the Truth, I am creating this Page today, the 16th Dec. 2015 corresponding to 5 Rabi al Awwal 1437.
Hope this space will be of some help, InshaaAllah.
May Allah forgive our sins and show us the Right Path. Aameen.
If you are a New Muslim, this will help InshaaAllah.
1. Becoming a Muslim in Abu Dhabi:
Visit the Abu Dhabi Portal for all details regarding embracing Islam, registration and completing all paper formalities.
2. New Muslim Centre in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain and Ajman:
The Zayed House for Islamic Culture ZHIC is the most reputed centre in the UAE for imparting knowledge and practical training for prayer etc. to the new Muslims or the reverts to Islam.
The main office of this Centre is located at the Shab Al Ashkhar Area in Al Ain. It has branches in Abu Dhabi and Ajman. Call 800 555 or +971 3 781 0633: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Working Hours, Public service and Phone inquiry hours: Sunday – Thursday: 7:30 AM – 2:30 PM
3. Embracing Islam in Dubai:
1. Firstly you need to have two people as witnesses. They should provide all their details to you.
2. Secondly, with the details of the witnesses and your own details, you need to register by filling this online application for conversion to Islam.
3. Wait for the reply from the office of the Dubai Courts.
4. Personally go to the Dubai Court along with those two witnesses and appear before the competent judge.
5. This link provides you with all the details.
6. After finishing with all the procedures as mentioned above, you will then have to learn about the Basics of Islam and how to live as a Muslim on a daily basis. For this, please take time to approach the IACAD.
IACAD is a very prominent Centre of the United Arab Emirates known for Islamic Affairs and Charitable Activities in Dubai. It has fabulous provisions to teach Islam to the new Muslims.
IACAD Contact Information:
Telephone: 009714 6087777
Fax: 009714 6087555
Toll Free: 800600
P.O..Box: 3135 – Dubai
Official working hours: From 7:30 am to 2:30 pm except Fridays and Saturdays
Call center and emergency service reports working hours: Seven days a week, 24 hours
The Islamic Information Center is one of the foremost and prominent Dawah centers in the UAE. Under the Patronage of Dar Al Ber Society and supervised by the Ministry of Islamic Affairs and Charitable Activities, the Islamic Information Center is one of the foremost and prominent Dawah centers in the UAE. The center’s core objective is to deliver the moderate message of Islam and to clear the misconceptions that have been attributed to this great religion using wisdom and experience methods. The center also facilitates and aids new Muslims on their newly chosen path by teaching them the principles of their Religion. Since it’s establishment in 1993, the center has facilitated the reversion of over 20,000 Muslims by the grace of Allah.
Please Visit IIC’s Website for all details of contacts, location,
4. Announcement of Embracing Islam in Sharjah:
- Personal Photo (if woman, hair needs to be covered)
- Copy of Passport
- Copy of Residency, labour card or entry visa
- ID witness ( original and copy)
Process Description: Please follow the steps below:
- Visit the Embracing Islam Section and conduct an interview with the competent staff and submit the required documents.
- Confirm the conversion to Islam via a certificate signed by the applicant and sealed by the employee in charge.
Receive the certificate of conversion to Islam signed by the competent judge from the Embracing Islam Section.
Special Conditions:In case a true copy of certificate of conversion to Islam or a replacement for lost one is required, the concerned person must show up personally. If not possible, the acting person must present a duly certified power of attorney.
- Public service hours:
Sunday – Thursday: 07:30 AM – 02:30 PM
- Phone inquiry hours:
Sunday – Thursday: 07:30 AM – 02:30 PM
Contact: Email: email@example.com Phone: 06 5727722 Web link: Sharjah
Important: Islamic Course for New Muslims in Sharjah.
PLEASE NOTE:Changing religion is by one’s choice. By free will. Not by force, or compulsion!Reverting to Islam is one’s voluntary effort.