Update on 22/08/2013: Qur’an ANDROID 🙂
1. Qur’an Software:
Download and install this superb Qur’an software. You can go to desired page/surah/verse/juz options. It has powerful Search capabilility; you can search an Ayah in the Qur’an and even its interpretation. It has Bookmark feature as well.
Download and save this software: Noble Qur’an with Arabic Text and English Interpretation by Muhsin Khan and al-Hilali. Since this a chm software, after saving, right click, go to Properties and click Unblock. This has to be done for first use only.
2. Hadith Software:
3. Seerah Sotware:
4. Du’aa Software:
Hisnul Muslim is a very important book comprising of authentic supplications. Since this a chm software, first click this link, then save the file. After saving preferably on the desktop, right click, then go to Properties and click Unblock. This has to be done for the only for the first time. (Go to Du’aa section in the Basics menu of this weblog to find two links to download the complete audio of this whole Du’aa book)
5. Stories of the Prophets:
6. Mobile Phone Software:
7. Sahabah Software:
It is essential for us to learn about the life and contributions of the great Companions of the glorious Messenger of Allah. Download this enlightening software, ‘Men Around the Messenger’. After download unzip the file and install it in your computer.
8. Fatwa Software:
You may come across many things in life about which you are not sure whether it is allowed in Islam or not. This comprehensive software answers many questions in a simple manner quoting authentic sources. Since this is a chm software, first click this link, then save preferably on the desktop, then right click, go to Properties and click Unblock. This has to be done for the first use only.
9. Tafseer Software:
Reading the Qur’an with its translation or interpretation itself is not sufficient to grasp the in-depth meanings of the Qur’anic verses. We need to seek the help of authentic commentaries on the Qur’an. Click here to download the famous Tafseer Ibn Kathir given in Arabic and English. Since this is a chm software, after saving the file preferably on the desktop, right click, then go to Properties and click Unblock. This has to be done for the first use only.
10. A nasheed software:
11. Islam and Christianity
12. Hifz: Qur’an Memorization Software:
The Qur’an is not only to be read, understood and followed but also it has to be memorized as well. A Muslim must sincerely endeavour to memorize as much of the Qur’an as possible. Click this link to download an useful Qur’an Memorization Software. After download, install the programme. This is just the Main Programme. After installing the Main Programme, you have to install the Juz 30 Pack as mentioned below.
After downloading and saving the two files as mentioned above, please follow the guidelines given below to setting up:
When you run the application you will see the following window popup
You have two options:
- Create a new user profile: Type your name and press enter or click on the Create New Profile button
- Load a profile: This is done by double clicking on your username
If you have not configured your sound card the following window will show up:
Usually, the correct sound card is selected. You can test this by doing the following:
- Press the Play Test Sound button
- If you hear a sound, then the sound card is correctly selected. Press the OK button to save the settings. That is all for setup!
- If you do not hear any thing, do the following:
a. Make sure you speaker is on and volume turned up.
b. Choose another sound device by clicking on the area highlighted with the red circle to select another sound card.
c. Go to step 1, and repeat if it does not work.
NOTE: If you accidentally clicked on cancel, you can go to the FILE menu, then select PREFERENCES to retry sound configuration.
After the set up is over, go through these points to learn about the features and usage of the software:
- User Profiles – anyone in your home can have their own profile for memorization
- Drag and Drop ayahs into your “heart” – a graphical way to view your memorization progress
- Drag and Drop whole surahs you know already to get started.
- The programme has High Quality reader-friendly Uthmani Arabic Script
- English translation by Muhsin Khan (can be turned off)
- The software has transliteration but please IGNORE it as it wrong to read with the through transliteration.
- High quality aya-by-aya recitation by Abdullah Basfar (who recites slowly with proper tajweed)
- Loop a verse or verses – loop as many times as you want for memorization
- Loop a whole Surah
- In Stack Mode – memorize the ayahs in the following manner: 1 | 1,2 | 1,2,3 | 1,2,3,4 | …
- Single Ayah Mode – if an Ayah is too long, then select points in the audio to repeatedly loop
- Select a Ayah range in the Surah
- Displays your Juz 30 memorization progress
- Displays Surah playback progress
- Pause Mode – add your own pauses (in seconds) in between ayahs so you can repeat the ayah yourself after hearing it
I hope that Insha Allah this Software and all the other softwares presented here will benefit you in multiple ways.
May Allah accept our deeds. May our Lord give us the Good in this world and in the Hereafter and save us from the torment of the Hell-fire. Aameen.