بسم الله والصلاة والسلام على رسول الله
Page Added on 29th Dhul Hijjah 1439 / 9th September 2018
Some Ideas for Classroom discussion / School Assembly:
We can have/organize Assembly, Board Work, Classroom Discussions, Quiz, Presentation, Nasheed, Memorization of relevant Qur’anic verses and ahadeeth on ‘Hijrah’……the list is long……Sharing some ideas or random thoughts here, alhamdulillaah:
• Hadeeth of the Week – Classroom/Corridor Boards:
المسلم من سلم المسلمون من لسانه، ويده، والمهاجر من هجر ما نهى الله عنه A Muslim is the one from whose tongue and hands the Muslims are safe; and a Muhajir (Emigrant) is the one who refrains from what Allah has forbidden”.
• To motivate students to memorize the above mentioned hadeeth, inshaaAllah
• What Hijrah means to us today?
• How the entire of Abu Bakr Siddeeque (R.A) contributed for Hijrah emphasizing on the significance of the role of family in dawah, hijrah and jihad.
• Learning the names of Islamic Months
• Facts and Fiction on Muharram
• How Islamic New Year is an occasion to spread peace in the world
• Brief history of the Islamic Calendar system
• Importance of Diary Maintenance in Islam
• Flash presentation on Hijrah route (will refer the link later inshaaAllah)
• Tafseer of the ayah of Surah Tawbah, the inspiring phrase:
لا تحزن إن الله معنا
* The Fast of Aashura
* Hijrah and Brotherhood (Mu’aakhah)
* Importance of Planning and Execution with spl. ref. to Hijrah
* Lessons from Hijrah
Presentations on the Islamic New Year: (Done & Shared by Tr. Saima Naz)
Two Useful presentations: by Dr. M. Yunus
Islamic New Year Assembly Questions:
- 1. What is the basis of Islamic Calendar?
- 2. What is Hijrah?
- 3. When did the Hijrah of the Prophet sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam took place? Which month? What dates?
- 4. How did Rasoolullah solve the Refugee problem?
- 5. When was Masjid Nabawi constructed?
- 6. The land where Masjid Nabawi stands now originally belonged to whom?
- 7. Tell the names of the Islamic months?
- 8. Which day is called as Aashoorah, and in which month?
- 9. What is the reward for fasting on the Aashoorah Day?
Some Useful Links on Hijrah and Islamic Year:
- Muharram: Facts and Fiction
- Muharram: Do’s and Don’ts
- Muharram Presentation (English)
- Muharram Presentation (in Urdu language)
- The Story of the Prophet’s Hijrah
- Lessons from the Prophet’s Hijrah
- Lessons from Prophet’s Hijrah (Pamphlet)
- On the Occasion of the Islamic New Year
- Hijrah of the Hearts
- Beneficial Lessons from Hijrah
- Why was Madinah chosen for Hijrah?
- The Spirit of Hijrah
- Hijrah Dialogue: Women’s Role
- Hijrah Dialogue
History (as General Knowledge)
Watch this video on MUHARRAM: THE MONTH OF ALLAH