- Update 5th April 2018: Islamic Education Syllabus_2nd Term for 2 Term Schools_As per the Part 2 of the new books
- Update 28th January 2018: MoE’s website mentions the portion but this it is presently restricted to Term 1 only, and so we have to wait for the official updates.
- Update 13 December 2017: We are directed by the Sharjah Education Zone to start teaching from the New Books for all classes., from Second Term Onward (January 2018) So the existing books (‘I Love Islam’ & ‘Learning Series’ series) will not be taught anymore in the UAE, at least in Sharjah as this Emirate conducts Ministry Exam at the end of the academic year.
- Syllabus Link given by the MoE is in Arabic and meant for Arabic Speakers. Since the content of the books is the same for Arabic/Non-Arabic speakers, I hope that we (non-Arabic speakers) will also follow the same syllabus, inshaaAllah.
- The New Curriculum comprises of Six Elements called ‘Themes and Standards of the Islamic Education Curriculum’ as described graphically in this picture:
- PS: 15 November 2017: As new books have been introduced in the UAE, we are awaiting for the new and updated Syllabus. I will upload the new syllabus as and when I receive the official communication, inshaaAllah.
- PS: In the first week of October, we received a new syllabus through unofficial channel, a glance at which reveals that the new books are in the pipeline. As for now, there is no need to panic as it will be implemented in a phased manner (and not necessarily during the current academic year)
- Update: 17th Sept. 2017 = Till now, no official information for the change of syllabus. So we will follow last year’s syllabus: 1. Year 1 to 3 2. Year 4 to 8 3. Year 9 to 12
- Update: 27th August 2016/24th Dhul Qadah 1437: Until we get any fresh, official circular about the change in syllabus from the Ministry, the portion that was taught last academic year shall continue for this year as well, inshaaAllah. Accordingly, lesson plans have been made. DOWNLOAD: ‘At-a-glance-spread-sheet of All Lessons for All grades’ from this link InshaaAllah
- Update: 10th December 2015/ 28 Safar 1437: As stated here we are yet to get official circular regarding syllabus and books. If anyone wants to follow the MoE website to know the status of prescribed syllabus, you can click here InshaaAllah.
- Update: 17th February 2015/28 Rabi al Thani 1436: Today, We received the syllabus from the Ministry for the academic year 2014-15. It is same as the old syllabus.
- Schools following new International Editions for Year 7 to 11 need to revert back to the old Text/Workbooks! Download syllabus for 2014-15
B a a r a k a l l a a h u F e e k u m