First Term Portion for Sharjah Schools (This is of Ac Yr 2020-21)
Update: 27th September 2021
We received the 2021-22 edition of the books last week. Chapters are same like the 2020-21 issues but I noticed in many places the previous mistakes have been rectified and in some places language errors also corrected, alhamdulillaah. ❤️ You can find the scanned copies of the new editions here, inShaaAllah.
For 2019-20: As expected the new editions for 2019-20 are better in language and readability, alhamdulillaah. However, there are some changes here and there with regard to page numbers and some exercises. It is good for everyone to buy the latest editions.
- Curriculum for Grades, for Three Terms (in ARABIC)
- Table of Content, ISLAMIC EDUCATION, Grades 1 to 4
- Table of Content_Term-wise Portion (in ENGLISH)_Grade 5 to 11
- Surahs and Tajweed Lessons in the New Islamic Education Books_Grade 1 to 12
- Updated: 10th July 2018: Curriculum for Grades, for Three Terms (in ARABIC)
- Curriculum for All Grades, for Three Terms REARRANGED
- Update: 8th July 2018: Download this File for the Portion Unit 1 & 2 is for Term 1, Unit 3 & 4 for Term 2 and Unit 5 and 6 is for Term 3
- Update: 7th July 2018: Curriculum Link: MOE Curriculum Page
- Update 5th April & 7th July 2018: Term 1 & 2nd Term Syllabus for 2 Term Schools From this we can infer for Term 3 Schools. It is easy when you see unit-wise. Unit 1 & 2 is for Term 1, Unit 3 & 4 for Term 2 and Unit 5 and 6 is for Term 3
- Update 28th January 2018: MoE’s website mentions the portion but this it is presently restricted to Term 1 only, and so we have to wait for the official updates.
- Update 13 December 2017: We are directed by the Sharjah Education Zone to start teaching from the New Books for all classes., from Second Term Onward (January 2018) So the existing books (‘I Love Islam’ & ‘Learning Series’ series) will not be taught anymore in the UAE, at least in Sharjah as this Emirate conducts Ministry Exam at the end of the academic year.
- Syllabus Link given by the MoE is in Arabic and meant for Arabic Speakers. Since the content of the books is the same for Arabic/Non-Arabic speakers, I hope that we (non-Arabic speakers) will also follow the same syllabus, inshaaAllah.
- The New Curriculum comprises of Six Elements called ‘Themes and Standards of the Islamic Education Curriculum’ as described below. (Picture courtesy: Tr. Ayman Fayez)
- PS: 15 November 2017: As new books have been introduced in the UAE, we are awaiting for the new and updated Syllabus. I will upload the new syllabus as and when I receive the official communication, inshaaAllah.
- PS: In the first week of October, we received a new syllabus through unofficial channel, a glance at which reveals that the new books are in the pipeline. As for now, there is no need to panic as it will be implemented in a phased manner (and not necessarily during the current academic year)
- Update: 17th Sept. 2017 = Till now, no official information for the change of syllabus. So we will follow last year’s syllabus: 1. Year 1 to 3 2. Year 4 to 8 3. Year 9 to 12
- Update: 27th August 2016/24th Dhul Qadah 1437: Until we get any fresh, official circular about the change in syllabus from the Ministry, the portion that was taught last academic year shall continue for this year as well, inshaaAllah. Accordingly, lesson plans have been made. DOWNLOAD: ‘At-a-glance-spread-sheet of All Lessons for All grades’ from this link InshaaAllah
- Update: 10th December 2015/ 28 Safar 1437: As stated here we are yet to get official circular regarding syllabus and books. If anyone wants to follow the MoE website to know the status of prescribed syllabus, you can click here InshaaAllah.
- Update: 17th February 2015/28 Rabi al Thani 1436: Today, We received the syllabus from the Ministry for the academic year 2014-15. It is same as the old syllabus.
- Schools following new International Editions for Year 7 to 11 need to revert back to the old Text/Workbooks! Download syllabus for 2014-15
B a a r a k a l l a a h u F e e k u m