Last Update: 31.3.2016
Scroll down to find the updates, InshaaAllah
Dear Fellow Teachers,
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
Introduced on 26th August 2013, this Page is meant to provide beneficial resources to teachers to help improve their teaching-learning skill, InshaaAllah.
While I will be updating this Page from time to time, Inshaa’Allah, you are also welcome to share any material which you deem useful for the teachers of Islamic Studies as a subject.
1. What methods did the Prophet Sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam adopt in checking people’s behaviour?
Click here to download PROPHET’S METHODS OF CORRECTING PEOPLE’S MISTAKES (Excellent Resource for Muslim Teachers)
2. Teaching Small Children The Value of Privacy:
3. Teaching Techniques of Humanity’s Greatest Teacher:
Click here to Download ‘Teaching Techniques of Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam (added on 31st August 2013)
4. How To Be A Productive Teacher: Treasures of Wisdom From the Story of Prophet Moosa and Khidr:
5. Islamic Superheroes: Setting the Standards: (Added on 10th Sept 2013)
6. 11 Ways to Build Modesty in Young Muslims (Added on 20th Sept. 2013)
7. The Prophet as Teacher:
Download this informative guide: The Prophet as Teacher (Added on 11th Jan. 2015)
8. What Teachers Make:
What Teachers Make – I like the way it is presented. (Added on 29th August 2015)
9. Some Inspiring Quotes: (Added on 29th August 2015)
PUT IT BEFORE YOUR READERS – Good advice on effective writing
10. TEACHERS’ CORNER Info Provided by Sharjah Museums
Get creative and attend various programmes offered by Sharjah Museums for teachers in schools, universities and special care centres.
- Join next teachers’ learning sessions offered for schools, universities and special care centres to learn more about our collections. Sessions are led by the museum educators and curators free of charge. To receive more information and to book your seat, call 06-5197266, or e-mail Education@smd.gov.ae
- Electronic resources are provided below for teachers’ use with their students during their visit to the museum:
11. MULTIPLE INTELLIGENCE AT SCHOOL:
12. Seven Habits of Highly Effective People:
Motivation: How to Motivate People For a Cause (Added on 20 Dec 2015)
14. WHO MOVED MY CHEESE?
15. Diffusion of Sunnah:
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) took the following measures to spread his Sunnah:
1. Establishment of schools:
‘Schools’ were established by the Prophet in Madina very soon after his arrival. His general policy was to send teachers and preachers to different areas outside Madina. For example delegates were sent to Adhal and Qara in 3 A.H., to Bir Mauna in 4 A.H., to Najran and to Yemen and Hadramaut in 9 A.H.
2. The Prophet’s directions about diffusion of knowledge:
The Prophet says: “Pass on knowledge from me even if it is only one verse.” [Bukhari]
The same emphasis is noticeable in his orations at the farewell Hajj where the Prophet said: “Those who are present (here) should convey the message to those who are absent.” [Bukhari] It was therefore, a common practice among Companions to tell absentees about the Prophet’s deeds and sayings.
3. Creation of incentive for teachers and students:
The Prophet not only gave directions to educate the people but also mentioned great rewards for teachers and students. He stated that learning and the pursuit of knowledge is obligatory on every Muslim [Ibn Majah]. One who conceals knowledge is liable to go to Hell [Musnad], a fact which is mentioned in the Quran [Quran 2: 159, 174].
a) Reward for students:
The Prophet said: “If any one pursues a path in search of knowledge Allah will thereby make easy for him a path to paradise, and the angels spread their wings from good pleasure with one who seeks knowledge, and all the inhabitants of the heavens and the earth, even fish in the depths of water, ask forgiveness for him.” [Musnad]
b) Reward for teachers:
In this regard the Prophet said: “When a man dies, his acts come to an end, with three exceptions: Sadaqa Jariya (recurring charity), knowledge from which benefit continues to be reaped, and the prayers of a good offspring for him.” [Muslim] It applies to both male and female.
“Studies in Hadith Methodology and Literature” – M. M. Azami, pp.10, 11
16. Seven Pillars of Relationship Growth: Added on 15th Dec. 2015
17. Importance of Oral Communication
18. A Friend in DEEN is a Friend Indeed
19. The Forgotten Sunnah:
20. Personality Development Model:
21. Many Muslims do not have clear perception on Masjid al Aqsa and Dome of the Rock. The following image will clear the doubt, InshaaAllah.
22. How the Prophet dealt with Different People?
23. Instructional Methods of the Prophet, Peace be upon him:
The Prophetic Standard: Instructional Methods of the Prophet Added on 2.1.2016
24. Knowledge of Psychology is Important for Teachers:
Psychology from Islamic Perspective (Added on 2.1.2016)
25. Effective Listening Skill:
Do’s and Don’ts of Effective Listening Added on 3.1.2016
26. Classroom Talk:
Effective Questioning and Approaches to Questioning – very good one🙂 Added on 31.3.16
InshaaAllah…..more to come!
اللهم بارك لنا فيما أعطيت O Allah! Bless Us in what You’ve given us.