بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
“O mankind, fear your Lord, who created you from one soul and created from it its mate and dispersed from both of them many men and women. And fear Allah, through whom you ask one another, and the wombs. Indeed Allah is ever, over you, an Observer.” Surah Al Nisaa 4:1
Page Added on 5th Sept 2015 / 21 Dhul Qa’dah 1436
I always felt that without an exclusive Page on Sisters, the blog is incomplete.
This is not to sideline girls or women into one corner of a page – after all, Islam is for all – but to consider their physical, emotional and biological aspects and provide guidance that is very especial and specific to their being and personality.
I also feel and guess that either parents have unnecessary shyness to discuss about the specific problems and issues related to their daughters or that the teachers teaching Islamic Studies – with the exception of some smart ones – do not get time from their busy schedule to guide their female students on matters related to their own issues.
Moreover, as the prescribed text books are common for both boys and girls, we do not find in depth or specific lessons on issues pertaining to hygiene, adolescence etc., though some classes such as Year 9 and 10 do have lessons on hijaab.
Through this Page, I not only intend to provide specific links/info but also aspire to inculcate in our sisters and daughters the spirit that the religion they believe in and follow is not a bundle of do’s and don’ts but a significant treasure that lifts their stature and inspires them to achieve great heights on par with men.
Islam honours the very womanhood and directs men to treat their women with grace and kindness. As a matter of fact, Islam is the only religion – and this is no exaggeration – that takes women seriously and worthy of consideration, and provides guidance related to women’s issues; teenage and youth problems, women’s right, role, position and status.
Here you go…..
- What is Hijab? Read online and watch this clipping
- O My Child! You have become an Adult – Download this basic book containing comprehensive information in the form of questions and answers. For Quick online reading of this book click here
- Hadeeth on Cleanliness & Shaving the Pubic Hair Read the hadeeth on keeping oneself clean and also read its Rulings here and click Here for the permissible aspect of cleaning.
- The Muslim Woman’s Dress According to Qur’an and Sunnah – Download this book to get a clear picture on Hijaab and Dressing style in Islam.
- Women in Ancient Civilizations – A brief info on the history of how women were degraded in the past.
- Women’s Liberation Through Islam – This link throws light on the Rights of Women in Islam.
- “Then He will Not Neglect Us” – Hajar: An Inspiration
- Maryam is Maryam! – Maryam: An Inspiration
- Listen to the speech: Shield of Honour: Our Youth and the Crisis of Faith or download as Pdf
- The Position of Women in Islam – This booklet is an inspiration. It will change your view about your own self!
- Woman and Islam – Download this book to know in detail about the role and status of women in Islam, at home and in many different fields.
- Natural Blood of Women – Read this book to know in detail about menses and related matters.
- View this video to find answer to the question: Can I read Qur’an during menstruation?
- Al Muhaddithaat: Women Scholars of Islam – Read this book to learn about the great contributions of Muslim women, and draw inspirations taking them as role models.
- Watch the video: Signs Your Menstruation is Over
- Do you know Long Fingernails Carry More Bacteria than short nails? Find scientific info here
- Watch about Ghusl: How to Take Bath – About Ritual Bath in Islam
- Great Women in Islam – Please take time to read this amazing book, InshaaAllah.
- Different Types of Discharges and their Rulings – This link will clarify many doubts InshaaAllah.
- Women Around the Messenger – This book sheds information on our beloved Prophet’s family.
- Women in Islam – Read this to know more about yourself, InshaaAllah.
- Prophet’s Family – Go to this link at my Seerah blog to learn great things about the women in the Family of our glorious Prophet sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam.
- Can I Touch and Read Qur’an without Wudhu? – Go to this link to find the answer.
- You Can Be the Happiest Woman in the World – A detailed book of Reminders for Muslim Girls/Women
- The Ideal Muslimah – An excellent book for all.
- When nations perish for harming Muslim women – Good write-up (Added on 29th Sept. 2015)
- Cool Site for Muslim Girls (Added on 16 Dec. 2015)
- IOU’s Muslimah Matters Page (Added on 26 Dec 2015)
- When Should a Girl Start Observing Hijab? (Added on 2.4.2016)
May Allah put barakah in our work and set right our intentions….Aameen.
KINDLY Share this Girls Only Page with your friends thro’ Social Media, InshaaAllah.