It is true that there is no celebration as such for the Birthday, as celebrating Birthdays is not the way of Islam, the purpose here is to commemorate the occasion of glorious Prophet’s Mawlid with the intention of using the opportunity to share information across multi-cultural societies so that the true message about Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) is spread among all, irrespective of caste, creed or religion.
I would like to mention two points in this regard:
1. First and foremost, the life-changing message brought by the glorious Prophet of Islam, is not meant to be restricted to a day wherein you ‘celebrate his birth’ and forgot his life and teachings for the rest of the year!! That would be ridiculous to say the least. Muslims need to celebrate the message of love, peace, faith, tolerance, righteous conduct by way of practical application in every day real life!
2. Secondly, it must be known to all that the exact date of the Birth of the Last Messenger of Allah is not known or established from authentic records. This article on scholarly opinions on the exact date of the Prophet’s birth and death is rich in information and helpful to all those wanting to read the pages of history with an open mind.
1. Some suggestions….
- Utilise School Assembly, online or on-site, to share information about the message brought by the glorious Prophet of Islam (the above given ppts is just an example)
- Decorate classroom/corridor boards with student work on the theme ‘Muhammad: The Global Ambassador of Peace’
- Organise Prophet Muhammad Week and conduct competitions with the Seerah as the theme of the Week.
- Encourage students to make a video presentation on the Life and Teachings of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and share in the social media (The qualified Islamic Education teacher must approve the videos before upload)
- Share this informative video on the Names of the Prophet’s Family:
- Download resources from this Seerah Page, and share it with your students, colleagues, parents etc.
- Organise/Conduct Essay Writing Competition on the topics such as: What Prophet Muhammad Gave to Humanity! Why I Love Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) Prophet Muhammad: My Inspiration and Role Model
- Students can be encouraged to write a Poem on Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)
- Oratorical Competition can be held on the topic Rahmatul-lil-‘Aalameen
- Suggested topics for discussion: The Saviour of All Times!
Prophet Muhammad: The global Messenger with a noble Message
Why Muslims Love Prophet Muhammad more than any else in this world?
The Love and Concern the Prophet Muhammad had for Humanity
You Must Know this Man!
Why Knowing Prophet Muhammad is Knowing Islam
The Relevance of Prophet Muhammad’s message in the Modern World
Road Map by the 7th Century Prophet for the 21st Century man, and beyond!
The Prophet of Mercy
Prophet Muhammad: The environment-friendly Messenger of God
The Bond That Connects All Prophets and Messengers
Prophet Muhammad and Human Welfare
The Iconic Message of the Prophet of Islam
Prophet Muhammad, Preventive Healthcare and Covid Times
If you don’t know Him, You are sure to Lose Something!
Getting to Know Him is always inspiring and reassuring!
2. Following resources can be referred to/downloaded, inShaaAllah.
- If You Know Him, You will Love Him by Dubai Awqaf
- My Daily Sunnah Practices – Can upload on school websites encouraging students to practice
- Brief Biography of Prophet Muhammad sal lal laahu alaihi wa sallam from Arabic to English by Tr. Summara Gul
- The Prophetic Code – Amazing for presentation, and real life experiences.
- PPT for Primary Assembly_Prophet’s Birthday by Tr. Shazia Farooq
- PPT for Primary Section by Tr. Sadhia Rasool
- Classroom Activities by Tr. Saima Naz and Tr. Shazia. (For primary we can do some activities similar to secondary PPT, and according to their level)
- Posters by Tr. Saima Naz
- Muhammad: The Last Messenger of Allah Nice presentation for all 🙂 🙂
- Who is Muhammad? Brief intro and biography
- The Prophet of Islam: A Short Biography
- Seerah Quiz for Primary Level – Excellent!
- Seerah Book Reading – Year Long Activity
- Quiz on Prophets and Messengers of Allah
- Quiz on Qur’anic Du’aas
- Quiz on Prophet’s Family
- Why Prophet Muhammad IS My Role Model? Amazing Read
- Du’aas of the Prophets and Messengers
May Allah accept our efforts done to seek His pleasure alone.اللَّهُمَّ طَهِّرْ قَلْبِي مِنَ النِّفَاقِ، وَعَمَلِي مِنَ الرِّيَاءِ، وَلِسَانِي مِنَ الْكَذِبِ، وَعَيْنِي مِنَ الْخِيَانَةِ، فَإِنَّكَ تَعْلَمُ خَائِنَةَ الأَعْيُنِ وَمَا تُخْفِي الصُّدُورُ