Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu.
- Download Rulings on Friday Prayer
- For Friday Sermons in UAE
- To read some Jumu’ah Khutbahs focussing Palestine and Masjid al Aqsa click here
- To find some good resource from the Archives of the Sermons delivered at: a. Majid al Haram, Makkah al Mukarramah, go to this link, Inshaa’Allah b. Masjid-un-Nabawi, Madinah al Munawwarah, go to this link Inshaa’Allah c. Masjid al Aqsa, Jerusalem go to this link Inshaa’Allah
Some Resources on the Excellence of Friday:
- Ahadeeth on the Excellence of Friday and Friday Prayer can be read here
- Baaqiyaat-us-Salihaat: What it is?
- Finding Refuge in the Cave
- WHEN THE CALL IS PROCLAIMED ON FRIDAY……(Tafseer Ibn Kathir)
- How to offer your hand when someone says salaam to you during khutbah/sermon
- Read this useful e-book on the Etiquettes of Friday
- Read about the virtues of Friday here
- Friday and Surah al Kahf
- Beautiful Recitation of Surah al Kahf by Sheikh Saad al Gamdi
- Word to word interpretation by Dr. Shahnaz and Sr. Kausar
- Word to Word interpretation by Dr. Muhammad Mohar Ali
- Rahmah in Surah al Kahf
- Beauty in Surah al Kahf
- Through Surah al Kahf and Throughout our life!
- Surah al Kahf and Ya’juuj, Ma’juuj
- “Lessons from Surah al kahf (presentation)
- What sort of book is this?
- Aspects of Da’wah in Surah al Kahf
- Surah al Kahf is an action-packed Surah
- Surah al Kahf: Medical References at the Shadows of Surah al Kahf
- Surah al Kahf: A Weekly Reminder to Hang On with the Community
- The Travels and Travails of Dhul Qarnain
- Moosa and Al Khidr: MODEL OF RESOLUTION
- Moosa and Khidr: The Quest for Divine Knowledge
- Camel or Egg or Not even worth an egg?
- VIDEO – Recitation of Surah Al-Kahf (18) in the beautiful voice of Mishary Rashid Al-Afasy with Arabic & translation
- Dhul Qarnain: His Travels and Travails
- Aadeeth on the importance of sending salam and salah on the glorious Prophet Muhammad (Sal-lal-lahu-alaihi-wa-sallam) on Fridays:
قَالَ النَّبِيُّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ
إِنَّ مِنْ أَفْضَلِ أَيَّامِكُمْ يَوْمَ الْجُمُعَةِ فَأَكْثِرُوا عَلَيَّ مِنْ الصَّلاَةِ فِيهِ
فَإِنَّ صَلاَتَكُمْ مَعْرُوضَةٌ عَلَيَّ قَالَ فَقَالُوا يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ
– وَكَيْفَ تُعْرَضُ صَلاَتُنَا عَلَيْكَ وَقَدْ أَرَمْتَ - قَالَ يَقُولُونَ بَلِيتَ
قَالَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ تَبَارَكَ وَتَعَالَى حَرَّمَ عَلَى الأَرْضِ أَجْسَادَ الأَنْبِيَاءِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِمْ
The Prophet (sal-lal-laahu-alahi-wa-sallam) said:
“Surely, among the best of your days is Friday; so increase in (invoking Allah’s) Salaat (1) upon me during it, for your (invocations for Allah’s) Salaat (upon me) will be displayed to me.” So they (the companions, radiyallaahu ‘anhum) asked: “O Messenger of Allah! How will our (invocation for Allah’s) Salaat (upon you) be displayed to you when you have disintegrated (i.e. your body turned to dust in the grave)?” He replied, “Verily, Allah tabaaraka wa ta’aalaa has made forbidden for the earth (the consumption of) the bodies of the Prophets – may Allah’s Salaat be upon them.” (2)
(1) Regarding the term Salaat: When one sends Salaat upon the Prophet – sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam – it does NOT mean that one prays TO the Prophet – na’oozhu billaah – because that would constitute shirk; rather, this means that one prays/asks/invokes/supplicates to Allah alone to send His Salaat upon the Prophet – sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam.
In the expression “Sal-lal-laahu-alaihi” the Salaat from Allah is interpreted to mean His praising of him before the angels.
This is how Abul-Aaliyah – radiyallaahu anhu – interpreted it as mentioned in Sahih al-Bukhari regarding verse 56 from Surah al-Ahzaab. It is also the choice of Sh. Ibn Uthaymeen – rahimahullaah – in ash-Sharh al-Mumti’. Wal-laahu ‘Alam.
(2) The Hadith is narrated by Aws ‘ibn Aws – radiyallaahu ‘anhu – and graded Sahih by Shaykh al-Albani – rahimahullah – in Sahih Abu Dawood, #1531.