Notes for Two Lessons: 1) MESSENGERS AND THEIR MESSAGE 2) THE BOOKS OF ALLAH
- TRUE OR FALSE:
1. The messengers were all human beings and great men that had to deliver the message to many other people. TRUE
2. All messengers and prophets were given the message of Allah in one basic format of a book. FALSE
3. The messengers who received updated books and were assigned an additional mission by Allah were Prophet Ibraheem, Prophet Dawood, Prophet Adam, Prophet Isa, Prophet Musa and Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon them) FALSE
4. Some writers claimed that they are part of the holy book just to gain worldly benefit of power and leadership from the people they deceive. TRUE
5. The Torah is now available as the five books of the Old Testament of the Christian Bible which are Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy in Hebrew. TRUE
6. The New Testament of the Bible is a collection of 66 books that include stories, poems, wise sayings, doctrines, and letters that Christians regard as the world of God. TRUE
7. The original Bible did include the news about the coming of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) TRUE
8. The Torah in Hebrew means ‘learning’, ‘scripture’ and ‘law’. TRUE
9. The Psalms of David are included in the New Testament. FALSE
10. The Torah is available in two forms: a separate Hebrew book translated into many languages and the first five books of the Old Testament of the Christian Bible. TRUE
2. DEFINE AND IDENTIFY THE FOLLOWING:
Injeel: The Divine Book that was given to Prophet Isa
Tawrah: The Divine Book that was given to Prophet Musa
Suhuf Ibraheem: Instructions given to Prophet Ibraheem in the form of some pages.
Qur’an: The Last Divine Book of Allah. It was given to Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)
Prophet: A Prophet is a Nabi who got communication or news from Allah.
Messenger: A Messenger is a Rasool who was responsible to convey the teachings of Islam to his people or nation.
Al Wahid; It is one of the beautiful names of Allah, which means ‘The One’.
Al Ahad: It is also one of the beautiful names of Allah, which means ‘The One and Only’, ‘the Unique’.
The Psalms of David: It is the Zaboor, the Divine Book that was given to Prophet Dawood.
The Old Testament: It is the Tawrah which is comprised of the Five Books of the Christian Bible.
3. Explain how all the messages that the Prophets brought from Allah similar were. Support your explanation with the translation of verses from the Qur’an.
All Prophets of Allah brought the same common message: Worship Allah, you have no other god but Him. This is evident from many Qur’anic verses, some of which are mentioned below:
- “We sent Nooh to his people. He said, “O my people! Worship Allah, you have no other god but Him”
- “To the people of Aad, (We sent) Huud, one of their own brethren: he said, “O my people! Worship Allah, you have no other god but Him”.
- “Not a messenger did We send before you (O Muhammad) without this inspiration sent by Us to him: that there is no god but I, therefore worship and serve Me”.