YEAR 10 NOTES: “Ramadhaan: A Month of Blessings”
1. List the different benefits of fasting:
- Spiritual Benefits:
* Brings Allah’s forgiveness
* Leads to Allah-consciousness
* Protects one from Hell fire
* Causes a Muslim to win great rewards
* Gets a Muslim closer to Allah
- Psychological Benefits:
* Cures depression and anxiety
* Allows a Muslim to think more clearly
* Gives the satisfaction of doing a deed for the sake of Allah
- Medical Benefits:
* Reduces obesity
*. Keeps one physically hale and healthy
* Cleanses the body system of toxic materials
- Social Benefits:
* Develops a caring and sharing attitude among the believers
* Strengthens humility among Muslims on a level
* Leads to the sympathy of poor
* Makes all equal in the sight of Allah
2 Answer the following questions only with the translation of a related ayah or hadeeth:
- Why is Ramadhaan a special month?
“Ramadhaan is the month in which the Qur’an was revealed – a guidance and clear of guidance and distinction”
2. Is siyam mandatory?
“Whoever witnesses this month should fast therein”.
- Was fasting prescribed to people before us?
“O You Who Believe! Fasting is prescribed for you as it was prescribed to the people before you so that you may become pious and God-fearing”.
- What is the reward of the fasting people?
“Whoever fasts in the month of Ramadhaan with faith and self-assessment of his deeds will hace all his past sins forgiven”.
- What happens in Jannah and Jahannum when Ramadhaan starts?
“When Ramadhaan comes the gates of Heaven are opened and the gates of Hell are closed and the Satan is chained”
3. True or False:
- Ramadhaan is the 9th month of the Islamic lunar year, and it is either 29 or 30 days.____
- The reward brought to those who worship Allah during Laylatul Qadr is similar to a servant who worshipped Allah for one thousand years. ____
- The most important lesson of fasting is the attainment of piety and consciousness of Allah.____
- Major sins are forgiven by sawm.____
- There is a gate in Paradise called Ridwaan where only those who observed fasting can enter. ____
- During Ramadhaan, the doors of Heaven are closed and the door of Hell are opened.
- The whole society can benefit from Ramadhaan. _____
- One of the psychological benefits of siyamn is we can get rid of obesity. _____
- A witness for sighting the moon for the beginning of Ramadhaan has to be male.____
- According to the Hadeeth about the rewards of fasting, the Prophet sal la laahu alaihi wa sallam said that Allah said for a fasting person, there are two times of joy: a time when he breaks his fast and a time when meets his Lord. ____
- One of the social benefits of fasting is that it brings Allah’s forgiveness._____
- During Ramadhaan, Allah inspires people to do good deeds that lead to Jahannum and bad deeds that lead to Jannah.____
- Allah shows that fasting is very important to our faith by including it as the fifth pillar of Islam.____
- The main purpose for prescribing fasting was to help a Muslim become healthy.____
- Siyam has only physical, medical and psychological benefits.____