A. True or False: (Refer Page 43 of your workbook)
B. Question & Answers:
- Why was Bilal chosen to call the first Athan in Makkah?
Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam wanted to show the Makkans that everyone is equal in the sight of Allah. It was also to demonstrate as to how Islam elevates people from being the slaves of people to becoming the slaves of Allah alone.
2. How many days did Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam and his followers stay in Makkah?
3. .What did Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam forbid in Makkah?
* He forbid blood shed
* Not to cut down trees
* He forbade people from selling idols, wine and pork.
* Not to harm women, children and aged people.
4. Who now holds the key to Al Kabah?
The Bani Shaybah tribe.
5. What were the changes made to life in Makkah after the liberation?
All signs of idolatry were removed. All pride of the days of ignorance were put to an end. Makkah saw a period of enlightenment and era of Islam.
6. Describe how the Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam entered Makkah?
Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam entered Makkah riding his she-camel Al Qaswa and wearing his black turban. He made seven circles around the Kabah with his head bowed on his camel’s back out of sheer respect, modesty and awe.
7. Most were calm and did not want to fight, but who were the ones willing to fight?
Three men were willing to fight: Suhail ibn Amr, Ikrimah ibn Abi Jahl and Safwan ibn Umayyah.
8. What did Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam say in response to Sa’d ibn Ubada?
Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam replied, “Today Allah will glorify the Kabah and the Quraysh will be respected”.
9. Upon entering Makkah where did the Prophet send Khalid ibn al Waleed, Sa’ad ibn Ubada, Zubair and Abu Ubaydah ibn al Jarrah?
Khalid ibn al Waleed —– He was told to enter Makkah from the South side.
Sa’ad ibn Ubada ——— He was told to enter from the West
Zubair ——————– To enter from the North side
Abu Ubaydah ibn Jarrah — Entered from North west side of Makkah
C. Related Text:
- Write the translation of the Ayah Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam recited while purifying Makkah.
“Say: Truth has come and falsehood has vanished. Surely falsehood, by its nature, is bound to vanish.”
- Write the translation of the Surah Allah revealed to Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam the day the first Athan was called in Makkah.
Surah an-Nasr was revealed: “When there comes the help of Allah and the victory, and you see men entering the religion of Allah in masses, then celebrate the praise of your Lord, and ask His forgiveness; surely He is oft-forgiving”.
D. Further Questions/Answers:
- The Ansar’s fear was Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam would stay in Makkah and abandon Madinah. Why was that a concern? And why do you think the Prophet went back to Madinah?
Ansar’s fear was a concern from their point of view. They thought that since the Prophet got back his homeland, he won’t return back to Madinah. Allah willed for the Prophet (peace be upon him) that he would live in Madinah and die in Madinah.
- Tolerance was taught by Prophet Muhammad sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam. Do you think that Muslims now a days practice tolerance (hilm)? If not, why do you think that is?
Muslims today are not tolerant as they should be. Most of them are influenced by the media and tend to take people of other religions either as ‘aliens’ or ‘enemies’. Most Muslims do not do dawah to non-Muslims. If Muslims adopt broad-mindedness and become tolerant, then things will be become easy for the cause of Islam.