1. Answer the following questions:
- What did Allah order Prophet Muhammad صلّى الله عليه وسلّم to do with those who insulted him?
Allah ordered Prophet Muhammad صلّى الله عليه وسلّم to show patience. He also ordered him to avoid contact with them.
- What did Allah prepare for the evil people in the next life. Describe the punishment.
They will be tied with chains and thrown deep into the Hell-fire. They will be given food that will stick to their throat. They will be made to drink boiling water that will burn their intestines. No mercy will be shown to the disbelievers in Hell.
- Describe what will happen on the Day of Judgement.
Earth and mountains will shake. Mountains will become like a pile of sand. The sky will be torn. During that Day, Allah will bring back the dead for judgement.
- What special value did Allah mention about the Qur’an? And how does this help us in our daily lives?
Allah describes the Qur’an as a “Reminder” and a “Warning”. It reminds us to do good deeds, have strong faith and to show pious character.
- Why is patience a virtue?
Sabr is important as it brings its practitioners great rewards not only in this world but also in the next world. It is also possible that because of our patience towards disbelievers, they might accept Islam.
- Write the translation of the following ayah of Surah al Muzzammil:
إِنَّ هَـٰذِهِ تَذْكِرَةٌ ۖ فَمَن شَاءَ اتَّخَذَ إِلَىٰ رَبِّهِ سَبِيلًا
“This is just a Reminder and warning. So whoever wants should take the path to his Lord (by obeying Allah’s Messenger)”
- Write the meaning of the ayah which tells that Allah has prepared chains to tie the disbelievers in the Day of Judgement:
“We have chains to tie them and a raging Hell to punish them in”
- Write the meaning of the following ayah:
إِنَّا أَرْسَلْنَا إِلَيْكُمْ رَسُولًا شَاهِدًا عَلَيْكُمْ كَمَا أَرْسَلْنَا إِلَىٰ فِرْعَوْنَ رَسُولًا
“Indeed, We have sent to you a Messenger as a witness upon you just as We sent to Pharaoh a messenger.”
2. Essay-type question: (Home Work Activity)
The Day of Judgement is a frightening Day that many people fail to remember or don’t want to remember. Only Allah knows when this Day will come. What if the Day of Judgement were coming soon? What have you done to ensure your spot in Jannah? Or what could you do to make sure you are one of the people of Jannah? ADDRESS these questions in a thoughtful essay.