Allah Teaches The Prophet Sal-lal-laahu-alaihi-wa-sallam
1. Why did the Prophet (Peace be upon him) repeat the ayaat as he was receiving them from Jibreel?
A1. He (Peace be upon him) was excited to receive revelation. But he was worried too that he may forget. So in order to memorize, he used to hurriedly repeat the ayaat while Jibreel was reciting.
2. What did Allah instruct the Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) to do while receiving the Qur’an?
A2. Allah told the Prophet (Peace be upon him) to first listen to the revelation of the ayaat from Jibreel and not to haste in repeating. Allah will make it easier for him to remember it. He will also make it easier for him to explain the ayaat to others.
3. Is Allah happy with the disbelievers’ carelessness in terms of the next life? Explain why?
A3. Allah is unhappy with disbelievers. As they are attached to this world and are forgetting the afterlife which is better and abiding than the life in this world. They are committing sins in order to enjoy the life and forgetting that in the hereafter they will be held responsible. Allah is giving them respite as they will suffer in the hereafter.
4. Describe how good people and bad people will look on the Day of Judgment?
A4. Those who did good deeds, their faces will be bright, shining and their happiness will be clear from their faces. Those who did bad deeds, their faces will be dark, gloomy, and their sadness will be clear from their faces.
5. What good news did Allah tell Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him)in the verse 23 of Surah al-Qiyamah?
A5. Allah said:إِلَى رَبِّهَا نَاظِرَةٌ which means “Looking at their Lord (Allah).” Allah mentions here that the believers will be able to see Him in Jannah. This will be the greatest reward and joy.
6. What are the three ways of learning the Qur’an? Give an example from the Sahabah’s time.
A6. 1. Learn the verses with tajweed.
2. Implement it in your daily life and then memorize the next set of verses.
3. Teach it to others.
The Sahabah used to learn 10 verses at a time. They did not move on to the next set of verses until they had practiced the commandments mentioned in the verses.
7. Identify the ayaat directing towards the unbelievers.
كَلا بَلْ تُحِبُّونَ الْعَاجِلَةَ
No! but (you men) love the life of this world. And leave (neglect) the Hereafter.