The Day of Judgment is Inevitable
1. In what location was Surah al-Qiyamah revealed to Prophet Muhammad?
A1. It was revealed in Makkah.
2. What does Yaum-ul-Qiyamah mean?
A2. It refers to the Day of Judgement. On this Day all will stand in front of Allah to account for their deeds.
3. What is An-Nafs-ul-Lawwamah?
A3. It means the blameful soul. A believer’s soul always feels as if it has not done enough to please Allah. It feels regretful of the shortcomings. This helps a believer to do more good deeds and avoid bad deeds.
4. Can a person run away from Allah? Explain.
A4. No one will be able to run away from Allah on that Day. He will find no shade to cover himself. Allah sees everything and knows everything. His Knowledge and Power encompasses everything. Where can a man escape? No place will he find to hide!
5. Identify the Ayaat in which Allah mentioned the resurrection of man’s bones.
أَيَحْسَبُ الإنْسَانُ أَلَّنْ نَجْمَعَ عِظَامَهُ
بَلَى قَادِرِينَ عَلَى أَنْ نُسَوِّيَ بَنَانَهُ
English Text: Does man think that We shall not assemble his bones?
Yes, We are Able to put together in perfect order the tips of his fingers.
6. Identify the Ayah in which account of man’s deeds is stated.
يُنَبَّأُ الإنْسَانُ يَوْمَئِذٍ بِمَا قَدَّمَ وَأَخَّرَ
On that Day man will be informed of what he sent forward and what he left behind.
7. Identify the Ayah which states that man will be unable to defend himself.
بَلِ الإنْسَانُ عَلَى نَفْسِهِ بَصِيرَةٌ
Nay! Man will be a witness against himself [as his body parts (skin, hands, legs, etc.) will speak about his deeds.