1. What does Salatul Musafir mean?
It means ‘the Traveller’s Prayer’.
2. What does Qasr mean?
It means ‘to shorten the prayer’.
3. What does Jam’ mean?
It is ‘to combine the prayers’.
4. What should you do if you are travelling and want to pray?
I will ensure that I pray Salatul Musafir.
5. What are the prayers that you can shorten?
While in travel, I can shorten Zuhr, Asr and Ishaa prayers.
6. What are the prayers that you can join together?
While in travel, I can combine Zuhr with Asr, and Maghrib with Ishaa.
7. What are the Sunnah prayers that Rasoolullah (peace be upon him) used to pray even during travel?
Rasoolullah (peace be upon him) used to pray the Sunnah of Fajr and Witr even during travel.
8. Describe what a sick person should do in the following situations:
a. He could not stand in prayer
b. She could not stand, make rukoo or sujood.
c. She could not stand or even sit.
Ans. a) He can sit and pray.
Ans. b) She can pray while sitting or lying.
Ans. c) She can pray while lying down.