1. Who was Khadijatul Kubra رضي الله عنها ? What was her mother’s name?
Khadijatul Kubra (R.A) was the daughter of Khuwaylid bin Asad. She was a beloved wife of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Her mother’s name was Fathima bint Za’idah.
2. Who was Hala رضي الله عنها ?
She was a sister of Khadijatul Kubra رضي الله عنها
3. Who was Abul A’s?
He was a son of Hala رضي الله عنها who was one of the important men of Makkah in wealth and dignity.
4. Khadijah رضي الله عنها ran a large trade of her own. Explain.
Khadijah رضي الله عنها was the most successful tradeswoman of her times. She ran a large trade of her own. This is evident from the fact that she had many employees working under her. Her business was so thriving that she used to take men to carry things to Syria for sale.
5. Why did Khadijah رضي الله عنها who had refused the offer of marriage from many of the noblemen, offer herself in marriage to the Prophet?
Khadijah رضي الله عنها who had refused the offer of marriage from many of the noblemen, offered herself in marriage to Muhammad (peace be upon him) because of his honest, truthful and gentle character.
6. When did the marriage take place?
The marriage took place in the year 596 A.D.
7. How many children had the Prophet by her?
The Prophet (Peace be upon him) had six children by her.
8. Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) ever retained his affection for Khadijah رضي الله عنها Give facts in support of your answer.
His love and affection for Khadijah رضي الله عنها is evident from the following fact:
It was the practice of the Prophet (peace be upon him) after her death, whenever a sheep or a goat would be slaughtered, he would send pieces of them as presents to Khadijah’s female friends. He would then praise her and say she has so and so, and that he had children by her.