2. Learn the translation of the Surah Quraysh by heart. (Refer your Text Book for the translation)
3. Write the meaning of the following words:
لإيلافِ – For the safety and security
قُرَيْشٍ – (the tribe) Quraysh
رِحْلَةَ – journey
الشِّتَاءِ – the winter
الصَّيْفِ – the summer
فَلْيَعْبُدُوا – so they should worship
رَبَّ – Sustainer
هَذَا – this
الْبَيْتِ – the house
الَّذِي – Who
أَطْعَمَهُمْ – He fed them
جُوعٍ – hunger
وَآمَنَهُمْ – and made them safe
مِنْ خَوْفٍ –from fear
4. Answer the following questions:
1. Who were the Quraysh?
Quraysh was the famous tribe of Makkah. Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) belonged to this tribe.
2. What do you mean by ‘winter and summer journeys’?
Allah refers to the trade journeys of the Quraysh.. In summer the Quraysh travelled northward to Syria and Palestine, for they were cool lands, and in winter southward to Yemen etc. for they were warm.
3. What is meant by ‘this house’?
‘This house” refers to the Ka’bah, the House of Allah, in Makkah.
4. Who should worship whom and Why?
The Quraysh should Allah Who is the Sustainer of the Sacred House (Ka’bah) because it is He who provides them with safety and security when they undertake journeys in summer and winter.
5. “Who has fed them against hunger and made them safe from fear”. Explain.
It is Allah Who feeds the people of Quraysh when they feel hungry and it is He who provides peace and security against all forms of fear. So the Quraysh should worship none but Allah.