1. What happened when the Israelites reached the shores of the Red Sea?
When the Israelites reached the shores of the Red Sea, they saw Pharaoh and his great army advancing towards them.
2. How did Allah rescue them?
Allah commanded Musa to strike the Red Sea with his staff. Once Musa struck it, the sea divided and the waters rose up like mountains one on either side. Musa and his people crossed the sea unharmed. Thus, Allah rescued them.
3. What happened to Pharoah and his army?
They were drowned in the sea.
4. Discuss how Allah was hospitable to the Israelites on their march through the desert.
1. Allah commanded the clouds to give them shade
2. Allah provided them with water gushing forth from the rocks
3. Allah sent down upon them ready-made food in the form of manna and salwa
Thus, Allah was hospitable to the Israelites on their march through the desert.
5. Were the Israelites thankful?
No, the Israelites were highly ungrateful people.
6. Describe the cow that was to be sacrificed for the murder.
It was to be a cow, neither old nor immature, but of an age in-between; bright yellow in colour; a cow not trained to plough the land or to water the fields; free of all faults, without any markings of any other colour.
7. What lesson should we learn from the great event at the Red Sea?
We should realize that Allah helps and rescues His true believers even in worst situations; and Allah punishes the unbelievers for their arrogance and wrongdoings even when they are as great as Pharaoh!
8. Why did the Israelites refuse to enter the Holy Land? What was its result?
The Israelites refused to enter the Holy Land because they wanted the strong, arrogant people, who were ruling it, to leave. As a result, Allah made them homeless and wanderers.