Surah Yaseen, Part 4
1. What is meant by “They are waiting for a single blast?”
The Day of Judgment will come sooner than one expects. It will strike all of a sudden, when unbelievers would be disputing amongst themselves about things of faith!
2. Which angel will blow the Trumpet?
Angel Israfil will blow the Trumpet.
3. What will be the aftermath of the first blowing of the Trumpet?
With the first blowing of the trumpet, whoever is in the Heaven and the earth will swoon away, except such as will please Allah.
4. What will happen when the Trumpet will be sounded a second time?
The dead will rise from their graves and hasten to their Lord.
5. What will be the condition of the dead on the rising from their sleep?
The dead will rise from their sleep as in a stupor. They will be confused in new conditions. They will gradually regain memory and their personality, saying “Alas for us! Who roused us from our sleep?”
6. What are some of the delights that Allah has prepared for believers in Paradise?
They will be given fruits and anything they ask for. They will recline on the sublime couches of the shade of the Gardens. They will reach the highest grade of bliss – Peace and salutations from Allah, the Most Merciful.
7. The unbelievers will be unable to defend their past actions and attitudes. How?
The unbelievers have rejected all warnings and guidance. In the Day of Judgement, they wouldn’t be able escape the Punishment of ‘Hell Fire’. They will be unable to defend their past actions and attitudes. Their silence will not matter as their own hands and feet will speak against them.
8. What warning is contained in the verses 66-67 for the unbelievers?
The verses clearly refer to the fact that Allah has warned them time and time again. He has blessed them with eyes to see the Right Path but they refused to heed to the warnings. As everything is possible with Allah, these verses warn them that there is still time for them for correction.
So, let them change their attitude and take advantage of the respite given to them!
9. The worldly life is transient. Discuss.
The life of a human being undergoes a series of transformations: Infancy, toddler, childhood, adolescence, adulthood, old age, second childhood.
Man must think logically and wisely and not only believe in the beauty of creation but also recognise the power of the Creator! Allah has gifted us with Guidance through the Qur’an and Sunnah. So we need to do our best for the Hereafter as Judgement Day can strike us any time!