(Must learn the English and the Arabic words as well)
The overwhelming الْغَاشِيَةِ
That Day (The Day of Judgment)يَوْمَئِذ
will be thrown تَصْلَى
Spring of boiling water عَيْنٍ آنِيَةٍ
Bitter thorn ضَرِيعٍ
Neither nourish, nor satisfy لا يُسْمِنُ وَلا يُغْنِي
Joyous, delighted نَاعِمَةٌ
Glad, Satisfied رَاضِيَةٌ
Idle Talk لاغِيَةً
Flowing fountain, spring عَيْنٌ جَارِيَةٌ
Don’t they look, observeأَفَلا يَنْظُرُون
The Camel الإبِلِ
The sky السماء
The mountains الجبالِ
The earth الارض
How it is created كَيْفَ خُلِقَتْ
How it is raised high كَيْفَ رُفِعَتْ
How it is spread كَيْفَ سُطِحَتْ
How they are firmly fixed كيف نصبت
فَذَكِّرْ – So Remind them
مُذَكِّرٌ – The one who reminds
تَوَلَّى – To turn away
الْعَذَابَ الأكْبَرَ – Mighty punishment
إِلَيْنَا – To Us
إِيَابَهُمْ – Their return
عَلَيْنَا – On Us
حِسَابَهُمْ – Their account
Questions and Answers:
1. How will the disbelievers be treated in the Hereafter?
They will be made to enter the hot blazing fire, they will drink from a spring of boiling water and no food will be provided to them except bitter thorn, which will neither nourish them nor satisfy their hunger.
2. What comforts will the believers enjoy in the Hereafter?
The believers will be joyful. They will be rewarded with a high Garden (Paradise), where there will be a flowing fountain. They will be seated in high couches and enjoy the drinking glasses. Cushions and rich carpets will be spread for them to rejoice in recompense for all the good deeds they did in this world.
3. In the above verses, Allah tells man to ponder over some of His creations. Mention those creations.
Allah tells us to ponder over:
Camels – as to how they are created
The Sky – as to how it is raised high
The Mountains – as to how they are firmly fixed on the earth
The earth – as to how it is spread
4. How did Allah console the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) regarding the unbelievers ignoring his call towards Islam?
Allah consoles the Prophet (peace be upon him) by telling him that he need not worry when someone ignores his call, as his responsibility is only to remind the people of their duty and relationship with their Lord.
5. What do you understand from the last two verses (Verse no.25 & 26) of Surah Al Ghashiyah?
In the last two verses of Surah Al Ghashiyah, Allah declares to all people that they will ultimately return to Him, and then He will take account of all their deeds, good and bad, which they had done in this world.
6. At the end of the recitation of this Surah, the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) used to make a dua. Mention that Dua in Arabic along with its English meaning.
اللّهمّ حا سبني حسا با يسيرا
O Allah, take an easy account of me.