1. Why should Allah be worshipped?
Allah is our Creator. He is Infinite in every Perfection and He Alone deserves to be worshipped.
2. Does our worshipping benefit Allah in any way?
Allah is above all needs. Our worshipping Allah does not benefit Him in any way.
3. The more we remember Him, the closer we get to Him. Explain this with the help of the meaning of a Hadith, mentioned in this lesson.
The Hadith clearly says that when we remember Allah, Allah not only remembers us but He also gets closer to us. In the Hadith Qudsi, Allah says that ‘if a servant comes to Him walking, He goes to that servant at speed’. It means when we remember Allah and take one step towards Him, He is quicker to respond to our call. The more we remember Him, the closer we get to Him.
4. What is the effect of the Remembrance of Allah on our lives?
Remembrance of Allah brings contentment of heart, liberation from desires and temptations and freedom from fear and sorrow. Above all, it brings the greatest of all rewards: the pleasure of Allah.
5. Mention the various ways in which we can remember Allah.
We can remember Allah. by praying, reciting the Qur’an, by obeying Him, by praising or thanking Him, by asking His pardon for the sins, by helping those in need etc.
6. What is the best expression of remembering Allah?
The Prophet said, ‘The best remembrance of Allah is to say La Ilaha Il-lallah’.
7. What are the two small expressions that are easily said but whose value is great in the sight of Allah?
The two small expressions are: Subhanallahi Wa Bihamdihi and Subhanallahil Azeem.
8. Mention the four dearest expressions to Allah.
1. Subhanallah – Glory be to Allah
2. Alhamdulillah – Praise be to Allah
3. La ilaha il-lallah – There is none worthy of worship but Allah
4. Allahu Akbar – Allah is the Greatest