1. Rain is one of the most wonderful gifts of Allah. Discuss.
Rain Water is the basic source of life. Our life depends upon rain, greatly. If there is no rain, life on planet earth will come to a standstill. Drought and famines are natural calamities which are a direct result of lack of rain. Rain, by all means, is the most wonderful gifts of Allah.
2. What does the word ‘Istisqa’ mean?
Istisqa means ‘to ask or pray to Allah for water’.
3. Mention the various forms of supplicating for rain?
Various forms of supplicating for rain are as follows:
a. Call on Allah for rain without offering a special Salah.
b. Supplicate during the Friday sermon or at the end of Fard or Nafil prayers.
c. Offer two Rakahs of Salatul Istisqa.
4. Which is the most effective way of asking for rain?
Offering Salatul Istisqa is the most effective way of asking for rain.
5. What did Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) do when there had been a long drought?
When there had been a long drought, Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) had done two things. On one occasion he lifted his hands and prayed for rain, like how we do when we make any dua. On another occasion, he went out into the open with congregation, prayed for rain and offered two Rakahs of Salah in congregation.
6. What is commendable to do before offering Salatul Istisqa?
The commendable things to do before offering Salatul Istisqa are:
a. To ask forgiveness of Allah and repent.
b. To spend in the way of Allah, to offer Sadaqa.
c. To fast for three days before the Salatul Istisqa.
d. To abandon every kind of cruelty to people.
RELATED: How to Perform Salatul Istisqa?