Write the meaning of the following words:
1. إِنَّا – Certainly We
2. أَنْزَلْنَاهُ – We have sent it down
3. لَيْلَةِ الْقَدْرِ – Night of Power
4. مَا أَدْرَاكَ – What will make you know
5. لَيْلَةُ – Night
6. خَيْرٌ – better
7. أَلْفِ – Thousand
8. شَهْرٍ – Month
9. تَنَزَّلُ – Descend
10. الْمَلائِكَةُ – Angels
11. بِإِذْنِ – With permission
12. رَبِّهِمْ – their Sustainer
13. كُلِّ أَمْرٍ – all commands
14. سَلامٌ- Peace
15. حَتَّى – until
16. مَطْلَعِ الْفَجْرِ – break of the dawn
Answer the following questions:
1. Whom does the plural ‘We’ refers to in the first verse of Suratul Qadr?
‘We’ refers to Allah Subhanahu Ta’ala.
2. ‘We have sent it down’. What does ‘it’ refers to?
‘It’ refers to the Glorious Qur’an.
3. What does Laylatul Qadr mean?
It means the Night of Power.
4. What is better than a thousand months?
The Night of Power is better than a thousand months.
5. What do you mean by the verse “The Night of Power is better than a thousand months”?
It means worshipping Allah in that Night is more valuable than worshipping Him a thousand months.
6. Whom does the word ‘the Spirit’ (Ar-Rooh) refers to?
It refers to the angel Jibreel who brought the Qur’an from Allah to Prophet Muhammad (sal-lal-lahu alaihi wa sallam)
7. What is meaning of the verse, “It (Night) is peace, until the break of the dawn”?
It means that the entire Night of Power, from dusk to dawn, is full of peace, free from every evil and mischief.